Thursday, November 5, 2009


Dear Abbey,

As you well know, I have been on quite a little purple kick of late and I don't think it is coming to an end any time soon...

Love- I don't think it is too strong a word to describe how I feel about the nail polish I found! For the last few days I have been working with an OPI colour, Midnight in Moscow, which, though it hinted at gorgeous red highlights in the bottle, turned into a muddy black on me. Thus, on my “quick” errand run to Shopper's last night, I was thrilled when I stumbled across a blackened purple that looked like it could work with the black mess on my nails.

I have to say it did not disappoint! I am super impressed with the new Sally Hanson Salon Nail Lacquer I own in Purple Heart. The coverage is exceptional, two light coats completely covered the black on my nails and the deep purple in the bottle turned into a nice, wearable royal purple on my nails. It feels like it is a nice thick polish that will not chip easily (though I did muck up a tip because I am too impatient to let things dry properly before I try to coat again) and it dried nice and quickly.


It will take a few days to see how it wears, but, at the $6.99 price tag, I have to say I am pretty crazy about this polish so far! (Though, I do admit that some of this excitement may be at the disappearance of the black nails. I have nothing against black polish in general. It can look amazing when done right, but done right would not have been the first description I would have chosen when it came to my nails... However, now all it purple, life is better, and I can smile while my science-linear mind tries to come up with an outfit that will best showcase my new nail colour.)


Liss

0 comments:

Post a Comment